To wrap up the year, Michael and I put together one more podcast to discuss our most popular blog posts, our favorite movies, TV shows, books and podcasts from 2020.
It was also a good opportunity to look back at some lessons from a crazy year in the markets.
Thanks to everyone for listening, emailing us questions, offering recommendations, sharing interesting topics and providing valuable feedback.
My most popular blog posts of 2020:
- What if you only invested at market peaks?
- What if you buy stocks too early in a market crash?
- How long does it take to make your money back after a bear market?
- Is the Ford F-150 partially responsible for the retirement crisis?
- Should you pay off your mortgage early with rates so low?
- The youths are coming for the housing market
- Mortgage rates are insanely low
- How I’m managing my money though the crisis
- The relationship between recessions and market crashes
- Returns from the bottom of bear markets
Michael’s most popular blog posts of 2020:
- What happens after the stock market falls?
- When is the right time to buy stocks?
- The stock market is going to crash
- What happens when you buy the dip?
- Why aren’t stocks down more?
My favorite movies of 2020:
This wasn’t easy because there were so few movies that came out in 2020 but here’s what I got:
(1) Palm Springs
(4) Plus One
(5) Happiest Season
2019 movies I watched in 2020 that I loved: JoJo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Ford vs. Ferrari and Knives Out.
Michael’s favorite movies of 2020:
(1) The Invisible Man
(3) The Gentleman
(4) Palm Springs
(5) The Vast of Night
My favorite TV shows of 2020:
(1) Queen’s Gambit (Netflix)
(2) Ozark (Netflix)
(3) Yellowstone (Paramount)
(4) The Crown (Netflix)
(5) High Fidelity (Hulu)
Also worth watching: Devs, Ted Lasso, Curb You Enthusiasm, Schitt’s Creek, The Morning Show, Insecure, Dark, The Undoing, Homeland, Normal People
Good not great: Love Life, I May Destroy You, Perry Mason, Trying, Homecoming
Flawed but I still finished: Raised by Wolves, The Outsiders, Defending Jacob, Ramy
Michael’s TV shows of 2020:
(1) The Last Dance (ESPN)
(2) Ozark (Netflix)
(3) The Boys (Amazon Prime)
(4) Yellowstone (Paramount)
(5) The Mandolorian (Disney+)
My favorite books of 2020:
Michael’s favorite books of 2020:
- How I Invest My Money, The Psychology of Money, Is This Anything?, The Price of Peace, No Filter, The Splendid and the Vile, The Hot Hand
- The Compound, Invest Like the Best, Flirting with Models, Hardcore History, The Rewatchables, Against the Rules, Revisionist History, SmartLess
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions, comments, feedback or recommendations.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Find transcripts of every show on the Shuffle app.
Check out our t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers and other assorted swag here.