A historical look at what happens after a 20%+ gain in the stock market the next year.
A look back at 2023 returns for stocks and bonds.
Investing for 40-somethings.
10 questions I’m thinking about heading into a new year.
On today’s show, we discuss:
– Christmas arguments
– Green shoots in prices
– 1940s vs. 1970s inflation
– Why we’re not worried about index funds
– How to save and invest in middle age
– Why Bitcoin is the most extreme asset
– Celebrating no recession in 2023
– Why the U.S. economy is more resilient
– Some Christmas movie recommendations, and much more!
The good and bad of forecasting the future.
On today’s show, we are joined by Todd Morris, International Growth Portfolio Manager and Analyst for Polen Capital to discuss:
– Reasons for the valuation discrepancies between international stocks and US stocks
– How the dollar affects international investments
– Understanding cultural differences when investing outside the US
– Position sizing within a concentrated portfolio, and much more!
Ten of the best books I’ve read this year.
What we build in the United States.
New vs. existing home sales.