Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts:
See here to register for YCharts webinar discussing the scenarios tool with a big emphasis on how it helps streamline the financial planning process for advisors with RWM COO Nick Maggiulli on May 24th at 12:30pm Eastern
On today’s show, we discuss:
- Carl Icahn admits mistake with bearish bet that cost $9B
- Steve Cohen is ‘pretty bullish’ on markets thanks to AI
- Markets close higher on strong jobs report, rebound in regional banking stocks
- America’s biggest bank is everywhere – and it isn’t done growing
- The curious incident of the elevated profit margins
- Existing home sales fell 23% in April
- The great pandemic mortgage refinance boom
- Disney’s hugely ambitious Star Wars Starcruiser Hotel that costs $2,400 a night forced to close after 18 months
- Desperate for streaming profits, media giants look to a soft ad market for help
- ESPN plans to stream flagship channel, eyeing cable TVs demise
- Fair ends subscription, leasing program in pivot to marketplace model
Tropical Bros Shirts:
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, coffee mugs, and other swag here.
Wealthcast Media, an affiliate of Ritholtz Wealth Management, received compensation from the sponsor of this advertisement. Inclusion of such advertisements does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Content Creator or by Ritholtz Wealth Management or any of its employees. Investing in speculative securities involves the risk of loss. Nothing on this website should be construed as, and may not be used in connection with, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or hold, an interest in any security or investment product.