On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben, we welcomed Morgan Housel back to the show. The three of us discussed:
- Elon Musk’s bizarre tweet about taking his company private.
- What odds we all place on TSLA actually going private with funding secured.
- The shrinking U.S. stock market.
- Is venture capital in a bubble?
- Why everyone wants to get into private investments.
- The impressive rise of Tinder, Slack, Snapchat, and Peloton.
- Why Tinder might be the preferred sin stock of the future.
- Is “The Netflix of…” the new “The Uber of…”?
- Are there more suckers at the poker table in the VC market?
- Do investors need to participate in private investments to take part in the growth of tech companies?
- If you had to pick a fictional character to manage your money for you, who would you pick?
- Is loss aversion a fallacy?
- Our favorite books of the summer and much more.
- Elon Musk does some fun stuff with Tesla
- The shrinking U.S. stock market
- Old money billionaires are chasing new tech riches
- Instagram added more new users last year than Snapchat has in total
- Slack is raising $400 million
- The Netflix of fitness
- Snapchat shrinks by 3 million users
- Rocket Men: The Daring Odessey of Apollo 8 and the Astronauts Who Made Man’s First Journey to the Moon
- Behave: The Biology of Humans at our Best and Worst
Be sure to check out our previous episode with Morgan:
Photo of Prince Alwaleed and Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel mentioned:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.