On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Implications from the trade war.
- Why it’s so difficult to trade based on economic uncertainty.
- Tech IPOs are so hot right now.
- The consumer balance sheet is in surprisingly good shape.
- Household net worth is breaking out in an uptrend.
- Housing is relatively affordable these days (on average) and was insanely expensive in the 80s compared to income.
- A concerning data point on the economy.
- Social security and Medicare are expensive.
- Why we changed our minds on esports a week later.
- The weirdest story of the week.
- Why young people are having fewer babies.
- A sad tale on the burdens of student loan debt.
- Why U.S. investors are so lucky.
- GM says new Trump tariffs could force U.S. job cuts
- Trade war escalation
- What a full-out trade war would cost the global economy
- Trump’s tariffs revive Granite City jobs
- IPO markets post blistering first half
- Guggenheim accused of siphoning annuity proceeds to buy the Dodgers
- Americans are having fewer babies. They told us why
- Confessions of a digital dinosaur: Esports is the next great traditional sport
- Been down so long it looks like debt to me
- Is college worth the cost?
(most of these from the JP Morgan Guide to the Markets)
- Hue 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam by Mark Bowden
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio by Taylor Larimore
- Waco: A Survivor’s Story by David Thibodeau
Email us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.