Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Masterworks and AcreTrader:
See here for more information on how to invest in farmland
On today’s show we discuss:
- Three things dampening the pain (The Irrelevant Investor)
- Cash-rich consumers could mean higher interest rates for longer
- The economy is still in a post-pandemic spending boom for rich people
- Excess savings during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The revenge of the Dow (The Irrelevant Investor)
- Mortgage rates hit above 7%
- A broken market is causing mortgage rates to surge
- Pending home sales down 10% in September
- Surging rents are pushing more people to live with roommates
- How long can Mark Zuckerberg keep up his bet on the Metaverse
- Google earnings
- Spotify earnings
- Meta earnings
- Amazon earnings
- Uber earnings
- $20 a month for Twitter verification
- The stand-in idea for Zoom
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.
*”Net Returns” refers to the annualized rate of return net of all fees and costs, calculated from the closing date to the sale date. IRR may not be indicative of paintings not yet sold, past performance is not indicative of future results.
**Wealthcast Media, an affiliate of Ritholtz Wealth Management, receives payment from various entities for advertisements in affiliated podcasts, blogs and emails. Inclusion of such advertisements does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Content Creator or by Ritholtz Wealth Management or any of its employees. To learn more about the risks investing in Masterworks, see https://www.masterworks.com/about/disclaimer . To learn more about the risks of investing in AcreTrader see https://acretrader.com/company/terms#general-disclaimers. For additional advertisement disclaimers see here https://ritholtzwealth.com/advertising-disclaimers/