On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Why every market correction feels different.
- 2018 stock market losses are in line with historical drawdowns.
- Why I’d like to see a shallow recession and run-of-the-mill bear market.
- How pretentious is it to say, “I will say this…”?
- Why aren’t rich people happier?
- Would winning the lottery really make you happier?
- Why the economy is so hard to understand.
- Why are institutional investors so delusional about their ability to find alpha?
- Would you rather: give up Amazon Prime or sex? Amazon or alcohol?
- Anchoring in action.
- Madoff investors are almost completely whole.
- The Vanguard of annuities is…
- Financial priorities when you graduate from college.
- What’s a safe FIRE withdrawal rate?
- Michael’s coat-buying experience & much more.
- Weekly market summary
- Why aren’t rich people happy?
- 67% of workers earning over $100,000 see themselves quitting in the next 6 months
- Asset owners are falling out of love with index funds
- Millennials pick Amazon over sex
- Ex-Goldman banker channels the hulk
- Madoff victims are close to getting their $19 billion back
- Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
- Happy Money by Elizabeth Dunn & Michael Norton
- Only Yesterday by Frederick Lewis Allen
Tom Cruise running montage mentioned:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.