On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Our takeaways from the latest Warren Buffett annual shareholder letter.
- What happens to the Berkshire Hathaway share price when Buffett is no longer steering the ship?
- When stocks and bonds both fall at the same time.
- The coming baby boomer retirement crisis.
- What to do if you haven’t saved anything for retirement yet.
- Why millennials should think about retirement differently than their parents.
- The Uhaul shortage in the Bay Area.
- My Adam Sandler theory on comedy and Silicon Valley.
- The best year ever in the Dow took place during the worst long-term returns.
- How financial reporting is often like the show Cops and much more.
- BRK 2017 shareholder letter
- Will Berkshire Hathaway eventually get broken up by activists?
- A diversified portfolio may not help investors much this year
- When stocks and bonds fall
- This is what life without retirement savings looks like
- Overcoming a late start to saving for retirement
- Millennials are saving for the future, if they can afford to
- 1st time home buyers make biggest share of deals in 17 years
- So many people are leaving the Bay Area a Uhaul shortage is jacking up prices
- The income required to afford a home in San Francisco
- Adam Sandler and Complacency Risk
- Credit Suisse global investment returns yearbook 2018
- Investors’ zeal to buy stocks with debt leaves markets vulnerable
- Some market myths hurt investors
- TD Ameritrade to allow trading through Twitter
- Career advice
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley
- Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Guns, Germs & Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
- Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best & Worst by Robert Supolsky
- The Wanted by Robert Crais
Crazy ideas mentioned:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.