This week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben is supported by YCharts:
Mention Animal Spirits and receive 20% off your subscription price when you initially sign up for the service. If you’re looking for a new job at a fast-growing investment research firm, YCharts is hiring.
- All things Gamestop
- How wealth inequality and the 2008 crisis drove last week’s outrage
- The role of short-sellers and hedge funds
- The David vs. Goliath story of WSB vs. Melvin Capital
- Our biggest worry about this whole ordeal
- The danger of markets becoming a pop culture phenomenon
- Wall Street always gets a cut but the retail investor is now winning more often
- What really happened with Robinhood?
- Why people care more about conspiracy theories than the true boring explanation for this
- Is Robinhood the Facebook of finance?
- How did Robinhood raise $3.4 billion so quickly?
- Speculation and short-covering are red-lining
- Why didn’t the stock market flinch from this mania?
- What does this mean for the broader market?
- Melvin Capital lost 53% in January
- Citron will stop publishing short research
- It’s likely going to take a constant stream of excited buyers to keep GameStop, AMC going
- My view on short selling
- Wall Street hedge funds stung by market turmoil
- Peterffy calls Robinhood decision to allow ‘limited buys’ of GameStop troubling
- Keeping customers informed through volatility
- Robinhood said to draw on credit line
- The Silicon Valley start-up that caused chaos
- What happened this week
- Robinhood raises $1 billion to meet surging cash demands
- Silver Lake cashes out after AMC rally
- Semantic destiny, algos and GameStop
- GameStop frenzy puts the spotlight on Citadel
- Webull CEO explains why trading was restricted
- AMC raises $917 million
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions, comments, feedback or recommendations.
Find transcripts of every show on the Shuffle app.
Check out our t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers and other assorted swag here.