On this Talk Your Book we spoke with the Wall Street Journal’s Greg Zuckerman about his new book The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched a Quant Revolution.
- Zuckerman’s approach to writing this book
- Does Medallion have the greatest track record in history?
- The difference between Ren Tech and high-frequency trading
- Who is on the other side of Ren Tech’s trades?
- The difference between Simons and Buffett
- The importance of cost estimates in Ren Tech’s models
- Was Jim Simons the greatest smoker of all-time?
- Why Ren Tech used a single model to run their strategy
- Why you don’t have to be right all the time to make money in the markets
- Would there be a market impact if the Medallion Fund were shut down?
- The most surprising things about Ren Tech’s success
- Lessons for every investor and business from Jim Simons
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.