This week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben is supported by YCharts:
Mention Animal Spirits and receive 20% off your subscription price when you initially sign up for the service.
- What happens to stocks that experience and unexpected CEO departure?
- Finance arguments that will never end
- Pros and cons of banning share buybacks
- Why buybacks make for a convenient scapegoat
- Would it matter if they broke up Facebook?
- Elizabeth Warren’s plans to break up public companies
- Is Tesla a bellwether for risk appetite in the markets?
- Why China matters more to the movie business than the US now
- Does the Rock make movies specifically for a Chinese audience?
- How Rotten Tomatoes works
- Why are real estate commissions so high?
- Misunderstandings in the private equity markets
- Why is everyone so bearish?
- Watch what people do, not what they say
- Do politics really matter to the markets?
- What if paternity leave was mandatory (or available to more workers)?
- Could we ever get another Great Depression?
- Why it’s getting harder to raise money for hedge funds & much more
- Where’s the buyback beef?
- Banning buybacks won’t help
- Yeah, it’s still water
- What about the alternative to buybacks?
- Introducing Facebook News
- Elizabeth Warren wants to remake capitalism
- Hollywood is learning to work in China the hard way
- Rotten Tomatoes, explained
- How to get a better deal from a real estate agent
- Big Money Poll: Bears rise to a two-decade high
- The economic case for paternity leave
- Putting the buy-and-hold gospel to the ultimate test
- Billionaire to shut down hedge fund
- The riskiest investment you can make today
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.