I was in NYC this week visiting the home office so Josh, Michael, and I recorded an episode of What Are Your Thoughts?
- The crazy number of mutual funds available to investors worldwide.
- How many S&P 500 index funds should there be?
- The $91 million rabbit as a piece of “art.”
- Are index funds distorting markets?
- Why index funds will actually take in more money during the next bear market.
- Is Giannis the more likable NBA player in the game?
- Our grades on the final season and finale for Game of Thrones.
- Do any great shows have a good series finale?
- The Slack IPO.
- Why I would back Stewart Butterfield (Slack) and Daniel Ek (Spotify) if I could invest in CEOs.
- Why Instagram ads are better than Twitter ads.
- Why doesn’t Twitter charge power users?
If you missed it, be sure to check out the video we did with Ramit Sethi of I Will Teach You To Be Rich fame this week as well. We had a lot of fun shooting these.
We’re going to be doing more of these videos so make sure you subscribe to our channel at The Compound.
Now here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
- What I learned from doing a financial plan (Irrelevant Investor)
- The 12 principles of debt (Humble Dollar)
- The medical professor who beat the roulette table (The Hustle)
- Why your life expectancy is longer than you think (Monevator)
- Stop the financial pornography! (Of Dollars and Data)
- How they made the second season of Barry (The Ringer)
- The 3 phases of an investor’s life (Reformed Broker)
- How checking performance can hurt performance (Betterment)
- The power of compounding (CNBC)
- Investors don’t live in a test tube (A Teachable Moment)
- What happens after financial independence? (Get Rich Slowly)