This week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben is sponsored by YCharts:
Mention Animal Spirits and receive 20% off your subscription price when you initially sign up for the service.
- What Congress doesn’t understand about financial services.
- The college admissions bribery scandal.
- Does it matter where you went to college?
- Can tech companies solve higher education?
- CalPERS wants to double down on private investments
- The expectations gap in retirement
- The biggest threat to financial planning
- Stocks that suffer a crisis of confidence
- The new Harry Markowtiz portfolio is not what you think
- What does automation mean for the future of jobs in finance
- Simplifying versus behavior?
- Netflix movies still have a ways to go and much more
- The Yale dad who set off the college admissions scandal
- How I got here
- How much does getting into an elite college actually matter?
- Guide to retirement
- Lifestyle creep
- Lessons from crises past
- The blame game
- The father of portfolio theory bets on branding
TV Shows/Movies/Podcasts Mentioned:
- Free Solo – This was as good as advertised. Watching him climb El Capitan made my palms sweaty and my stomach churn. Best documentary I’ve seen in a while. Try to find this on the National Geographic channel for free.
- Triple Frontier – Ugh. Decent premise but not a great movie. Netflix still has some work to do on its movie offerings. Would not recommend to a friend. 3 out of 10.
- Dual Threat with Ryen Russillo – Check out the first two back-up QB stories episodes. A very honest assessment of what went wrong in terms of talented QBs whose careers didn’t turn out how they wanted.
- Apollo 11 – Michael liked this doc on the moon landing but said it was a little slow so give it some time.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.