On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Why the next recession won’t look like the last one.
- Why investors are always fighting the last war.
- Is it now contrarian to predict higher expected returns?
- What could cause the future to look better than the past in the markets?
- The staggering growth in venture capital outside the U.S.
- The insane pension payouts to some government workers in Oregon.
- Why Germans save more than Americans.
- What the 200-day moving average tells us.
- Some thoughts on 529 college saving plans and how they can increase your returns.
- Some things Michael learned about the NBA.
- The best TV show I’ve seen in a long time and much more.
- Big banks find a back door to finance subprime loans
- Rising home prices push borrowers deeper into debt
- Predicting the next recession
- Failing slow, failing fast, and failing very fast
- Silicon Valley has a challenger
- What if the future is better than we think?
- A $76k monthly pension
- Why are Germans so obsessed with saving money?
- The 200-day moving average is not always a reliable sell signal
- Abundance by Peter Diamondis
- The Fish That Ate the Whale by Rich Cohen
- The Disappeared by CJ Box
- The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.