On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Why the current low interest rate environment is so challenging for investors.
- Why share buybacks get such a bad rap.
- The psychological difference between dividends and buybacks.
- The difficulty in running a hedge fund.
- Why wealthy investors prefer to pay higher fees.
- The problem with choosing an advisor based on a beauty contest.
- Do people need more life insurance?
- Go anywhere funds.
- Why momentum is such a misunderstood phenomenon in the markets.
- What active mutual funds are up against.
- The crazy real estate stories coming out of the Bay Area.
- Michael explains technical analysis to me and much more.
- Is investing getting harder?
- Are stock buybacks bad?
- Stock buybacks demystified
- Lawmakers don’t understand how buybacks work
- The last days of Whitney Tilson’s Kase Capital
- Doing a beauty contest to find a financial advisor
- Do people need life insurance?
- The decline of life insurance is a mystery
- Two centuries of momentum
- Bay area housing prices
- Quantitative Momentum by Wes Gray & Jack Vogel
- Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA by Tim Weiner
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
Jim Carrey paintings mentioned:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.