On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- How the new tax reform impacts your paycheck with a helpful summary from tax expert Bill Sweet.
- The biggest winners from the new tax bill.
- Why happiness declines for most people until their 50s and then improves.
- Why investors in 401ks are better behaved than most assume.
- Why charlatans & hucksters are sure to flock to cryptocurrencies.
- Our favorite books, movies, TV shows and podcasts from 2017.
- Why life was so terrible pre-1900s and more.
- Planning for life’s happiness trough
- 401k plan research
- How stocks took over asset allocation
- Cryptocurrency hedge fund-of-funds launched
- Jim Simons, the numbers king
Books mentioned by Michael:
- The river of doubt
- Hero of the empire
- Destiny of the Republic
- The true flag
- The last days of night
- Home game
- Skunk works
Books mentioned by Ben:
- Deep survival
- How we got to now
- The rise and fall of American growth
- Hit makers
- Shoe dog
- Selling the invisible
- Bull: a history of the boom and bust
- Streaming, sharing, stealing
Email us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.