On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Some things you may not have known about index funds.
- Why average hedge fund fees are declining (and why most investors will still pay higher fees).
- Hedge funds and private equity looking to monetize the poor.
- Why pension funds don’t attract better investment talent.
- How to avoid financial fraud.
- Fact-checking the 10k baby boomers retiring everyday stat.
- The half-life of wealth.
- The enormity of the Esports business (and why is ‘sports’ in the title?).
- Why there are fewer “defensive” stocks in the S&P 500.
- Mutual fund revenues still dwarf those from ETFs.
- How Dilly Dilly ads from Bud Light are making you drink more beer.
- Why Liam Neeson movies are the index fund of Hollywood and much more.
- Buy high and sell low with index funds!
- Hedge fund management fees fall to record low
- Want to run a high-flying hedge fund? Don’t be cheap
- Hedge funds look to profit from personal injury suits
- How private equity profits by making loans to cash-strapped Americans
- Are payday loans really as evil as people say?
- New Jersey’s investment chief resigns
- Ex-Morgan Stanley sentences to prison for fraud
- Do 10,000 baby boomers retire every day?
- Sustaining wealth is harder than getting rich
- The myth of dynastic wealth
- Professional video gamers get their own stadium
- Investors double down on tech in rocky quarter for stocks
- The past, present, and future of ETFs with Eric Balchunas
- Beer sales are rising, helped by ‘Dilly, Dilly’ ads
- Lessons from Cliff Asness
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.