These were some of the prevailing narratives from the post-GFC world: We only had a bull market in the 2010s because of the Fed juicing the economy. The only reason tech stocks did well is because of low interest rates. The only reason stocks kept recovering from every correction so quickly is because of the…
On today’s Talk Your Book, we are joined again by Sal Gilbertie, CEO of Teucrium to discuss:
– The golden grain cycle
– The cost of production and expected long term returns for commodities
– How everyone got the oil market wrong
– How the US dollar affects the commodity market. and much more!
A tribute to Charlie Munger.
The two biggest mistake investors make.
What to do if you’re sitting on cash but can’t pull the trigger to invest it.
On today’s show, we discuss:
– Why people keep spending so much money
– Long droughts between new highs in the stock market
– The best upside AI hedge
– Intelligence vs. pessimism
– Denominator blindness with inflation
– Most Americans are better off
– Why people are unhappy at work
– When it will be a good time to buy a house again, and much more!
5 questions I’m pondering at the moment.
On today’s Talk Your Book, we spoke with Nuveen Portfolio Manager Nick Travaglino about:
– The bond market in 2023
– The Fed
– Fixed income yields
– An update on interest rates, and much more!
The many things you don’t control as an investor.
Four personal finance ideas I’ve changed my mind about over the years.