This week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben is supported by YCharts:
Mention Animal Spirits and receive 20% off your subscription price when you initially sign up for the service.
- The work from home backlash
- The politics involved in the future of working remotely
- Why inflation is so hard to track
- The new fiscal policy regime
- The new cheat code of economics
- Why investors need to throw out their old playbooks
- What are the risks to more fiscal spending?
- Why haven’t low rates led to more speculation in Japan?
- The growth of sports betting
- Stock-picking is not investing
- The 2 beers and a puppy rule
- When expectations get too high for even the best performing companies
- Everyone wants more money and much more
- Netflix’s Reed Hastings deemed remote work a pure negative
- JP Morgan tells trading staff to come back to the office
- Parents got more time off. Then the backlash started
- VMWare cuts pay for remote workers
- Americans stayed inside even as cities and states reopened
- Drop in college tuition is helping hold down inflation
- Upside down markets
- Liquidity cascades
- Risk & reward
- Remote work could open homeownership up to 2 million renters
- 43% of retail investors are trading with leverage
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, feedback or recommendations.
Find transcripts of every show on Shuffle.
Check out our t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers and other assorted swag here.