Today’s Talk Your Book is brought to you by Opp Zone Capital:
We spoke with Opp Zone Capital’s Edmon Rafiki about all things opportunity zones.
- Why wealthy individuals have such an aversion to taxes
- What is an opportunity zone?
- What is the opportunity set for these investments?
- Who are the targeted investors for opportunity zones?
- How do the tax breaks work?
- What can you invest in with an opportunity zone fund?
- How Covid has impacted opportunity zone investments
- What is the time horizon on these investments?
- Why taxes are more important than alpha
- Meeting the substantial improvement rule
- How are opportunity zone funds structured?
- What are the biggest risks involved?
- Who are the investors in these funds?
- Who can invest in opportunity zones?
- What does the return of capital look like for these investments?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, feedback or recommendations.
Find transcripts of every show on Shuffle.
Check out our t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers and other assorted swag here.