On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Are ETFs causing a market bubble?
- How the millionaire secretary became a multi-millionaire (and it wasn’t through stock picks).
- The pros & cons of the lack of visibility in private investment market values.
- The massive business that is airline credit cards.
- Worldly wisdom from Jim O’Shaughnessy and Jason Zweig.
- Why uncertainty is like gravity.
- The myth of corporate short-termism.
- Can a hedge fund boot camp really make you a better fund manager?
- Argentina’s 100-year bonds.
- What’s the biggest mistake you can make as a young investor?
- Is it a myth that people outlive their retirement savings?
- The most important thing you can do as a blogger and much more.
- The case for ETFs
- The blame game
- Saying there’s a bubble in ETFs makes no sense
- 96-year-old secretary quietly amasses fortune
- The investment miracle that wasn’t
- Why tech company IPOs can be so overvalued
- Schrodinger’s portfolio
- Why airline credit cards have enduring appeal
- The depression of 2008? Don’t count on it
- The fear of short-termism is mostly bunk in the long-term
- So you want to be a hedge fund star?
- How Argentina went from selling 100-year bonds to an IMF bailout in a matter of months
- The myth of outliving your retirement savings
- Why most retirees will never spend down their retirement portfolios
- The benefits of being a psychopath
- The Smartest Guys in the Room by Bethany McLean & Peter Elkind
- The Wisdom of Psychopaths
- Walt Disney by Bob Thomas
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook.