On this week’s Animal Spirits with Michael & Ben we discuss:
- Bitcoin’s meteoric price rise.
- The difficulty of predicting the demise of a bubble.
- How price drives investor narratives.
- Why storytelling is so important for the spread of ideas.
- The problem with making saving money your sole goal in life.
- The difficulty of breaking through in the asset management business (even with a great track record).
- Why people expect the future to be a slightly modified version of the past.
- Why bitcoin matters
- Bitcoin surges past $9,500 in fastest thousand-point milestone
- Investors rush into crypto
- Strategists see 2018 looking a lot like a repeat of this year
- Some thoughts on the extreme early retirement movement
- What could send bitcoin into the stratosphere?
- Bitcoin poll
- New money managers & career risk
- The two horse race in fund flows
- The year in stock market superlatives
- Volatility shrugged
Email us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
And check out past episodes here.